The activities of the Conneaut Chapter are focused on the operation and maintenance of the Conneaut Railroad Museum. The Museum is headquartered in our station building, originally built for the Lake Shore & Michigan Southern in 1900. The exhibits are tailored to emphasize the locomotives and equipment, the shop facilities, and, most importantly, the people who made Conneaut a significant part of railroad history. Our signature display is Nickel Plate Road 2-8-4 No. 755, which was on of the last locomotives to receive major repairs prior to the town’s backshops closing in 1958.The Museum is open daily from noon until 5:00 PM, Memorial Day to Labor Day; other times can be scheduled by contacting the Museum.
Conneaut Chapter NRHS
PO Box 643Conneaut, OH 44030-0643
Vice President:Edward Trenn, Jr.
Treasurer:Norman A. Gross
Editor:James J. Scott
Membership Chair:James J. Scott
Meeting Schedule:1st Mon 7:30pm (ex Jan, Feb)
Conneaut Railroad Museum
363 Depot StConneaut, OH 44030